Wednesday, June 30, 2010
A Letter To Men by Christina Hendricks
We love your body. If we’re in love with you, we love your body. Your potbelly, everything. Even if you’re insecure about something, we love your body. You feel like you’re not this or that? We love your body. We embrace everything. Because it’s you.
- Normally true, Apart from beer guts, saggy man tits and stinky feet. I defy any woman to love a man's smell sweaty feet.
Speaking of your body, you don’t understand the power of your own smell. Any woman who is currently with a man is with him partly because she loves the way he smells. And if we haven’t smelled you for a day or two and then we suddenly are within inches of you, we swoon. We get light-headed. It’s intoxicating. It’s heady.
- True up until your pressed into a man on the crowded luas who thinks deodrant is optional and THEN see if you find the 'aroma' of sweat office man attractive. Or worse then that, teenage boys who think massive amounts of Linx will make any woman fall at their feet. That my friends, is the power of advertising and the laziness of boys who wont shower.
We remember forever what you say about the bodies of other women. When you mention in passing that a certain woman is attractive — could be someone in the office, a woman on the
street, a celebrity, any woman in the world, really — your comment goes into a steel box and it stays there forever. We will file the comment under “Women He Finds Attractive.” It’s not about
whether or not we approve of the comment. It’s about learning what you think is sexy and how we might be able to convey it. It’s about keeping our man by knowing what he likes.
- It's not learning what you find attractive. It's panic mode! it's That-bitch-could-have-my-man mode in its most basic form. Cue death stares and vicious rumour spreading. it has to be done....extra points to those who get their friends involved. safety in numbers and all that....
We also remember everything you say about our bodies, be it good or bad. Doesn’t matter if it’s a compliment. Could be just a comment. Those things you say are stored away in the steel
box, and we remember these things verbatim. We remember what you were wearing and the street corner you were standing on when you said it.
- So next time think twice before you open your mouth to comment while drunk about how 'big' we've gotten lately. It may be said in the heat of the moment. but we will remember it for life. and worse yet, you'll pay for it for life too.
Never complain about our friends — even if we do. No matter how many times we say a friend of ours is driving us crazy, you are not to pile on. Not because it offends us. But because it adds to the weight that we carry around about her.
- this is true. extremely. I may bitch, I may whine, I may complain. But don't ever diss or dismiss my home girls ever. they've had my back longer then you. Unless we are talking about the dress she like, totally ruined and never replaced. then feel free to go ape...
Remember what we like. When I first started dating my husband, I had this weird fascination with the circus and clowns and old carnival things and sideshow freaks and all that. About a month after we started dating, he bought me this amazing black-and-white photo book on the circus in the 1930s, and I started sobbing. Which freaked him out. I thought, Oh, my God, I mentioned this three or four weeks ago and talked about it briefly, but he was really listening to me. And he actually went out and researched and found this thing for me. It was amazing.
- I love it. I remember a boyfriend i had years ago found out I liked a truly awful band. So he bought the entire catalogue for me. Listened to it before he gave it to me as well, so he could sing along and 'get' the lyrics with me. that's nice.
We want you to order Scotch. It’s the most impressive drink order. It’s classic. It’s sexy. Such a rich color. The glass, the smell. It’s not watered down with fruit juice. It’s Scotch. And you ordered it.
- scotch is rank. I would be fine with someone ordering bulmers. seriously. having to kiss anyone after a scotch on the rocks? well, thats one thing. Watching someone pretend to enjoy it is another.
Stand up, open a door, offer a jacket. We talk about it with our friends after you do it. We say, “Can you believe he stood up when I approached the table?” It makes us feel important. And it makes you important because we talk about it.
- yeah, all fine and well. Until we realise your serious about us wearing your primark nylon nasty flammable sports jacket over our Prada. The two just don't mix.
No man should be on Facebook. It’s an invasion of everyone’s privacy. I really cannot stand it.
- Can't stand it up until you realise hes possibly cheating and you need to check up on every girl leaving a comment or in a photo, or better then that, you like someone and instantly check every detail about them. THEN you change your mind about facebook.
You don’t know this, but when we come back from a date, we feel awkward about that transition from our cute outfit into sexy lingerie. We don’t know how to do this gracefully. It’s embarrassing. We have to find a way to slip into another room, put on the outfit as if it all happened very easily, and then come out and it’s: Look at me! Look at the sexy thing I’ve done! For you, it’s the blink of an eye. It’s all very embarrassing. Just so you know.
- it's true. it is embarrassing having to excuse yourself. Or worse, sit there through dinner with suspender straps digging into your skin. Burning you. Hurting you. All for the 5 minutes, 'thats' nice, now take it off'. Also, I would like to add that there is no sexy way to remove tights. those things are HORRIBLY embarrassing. Hopping around trying to rip them off in a devil may care fashion while trying not to snag your Henry Holland for Pretty Polly's on the bedpost of your manicure!
Panties is a wonderful word. When did you stop saying “panties”? It’s sexy. It’s girlie. It’s naughty. Say it more.
- I do like the word Panties. It's silly. it's a silly word.
About ogling: The men who look, they really look. It doesn’t insult us. It doesn’t faze us, really. It’s just — well, it’s a little infantile. Which is ironic, isn’t it? The men who constantly stare at our breasts are never the men we’re attracted to.
- picture the scene. I have just met my friends parents for the first time. They are lovely people who are trying to get to know me as I am a friend of their beloved sons. Now factor in that his dad keeps staring at my breasts (or lack of, he was proberly trying to find them through some form of xray vision) uncomfortable to say the least. There is nothing wrong with a little look. I do it all the time. But constant staring? thats really really creepy.
Marriage changes very little. The only things that will get a married man laid that won’t get a single man laid are adultery and whores. Intelligence and humor (and your smell) are what get you laid. That’s what got you laid when you were single. That’s what gets you laid when you’re married. Everything still works in marriage: especially intelligence and humor. Because the sexiest thing is to know you.
- nothing works in marriage. You just spend all your time pissing each other off and cheating. Which is the best of my knowledge.
You can't see it too well in the tiny pic, but the shoulders are WELL studded up. Boots look a little Dunnes stores circa '97 for my liking, but the rest is very very nice....dress is a bit too floaty for my normal look.
Those pants make me think of a collection by Lee McQueen a few years back. I remember being in 3rd year of art college and INSANE for anything gold and shiny. I wanted skirts, pants and leggings. I even tried on a body suit at one point. Didn't work though. thank god. Unfortunatly, since I was a size 14 in those days and am now a size 10, my previous purchases wont fit me.
Love the battered suitcase bag....
I may have to fashion mug someone. This cape is my only reason for working right now. It's pure sex. I have been feeling capes for next season for quite some time now. I just had a feeling it was what I needed in my life. Then I saw this. I am breathless.....
Ok, i finally saw it.
THE ROUND UP : BITCHY GOSSIP AND JUICY BITS FROM THE WORLD OF FASHION. AND THEN SOME......
Check this out : it appeared on the t-inernet a few days ago. who cares if it's real! get in there now!!!
Are you enthusiastic, dedicated and available at least three days a week from now until mid December? If so, Derek Lam’s PR department wants you.
This is an unpaid internship and you must be able to receive school credit. Job duties will include daily send outs/requests, occasional help with photo shoots and market appointments, running errands, and assisting with show prep for the Spring/Summer 2011 show. Fashion GPS and Photoshop experience is a plus but not required. Please send resumes to email@example.com. And good luck
Another rumour, hot off the catwalk is, that Victoria Secret are set to open their first UK store in 2012 in London. Apparently it's going to be a HUGE store. I'm guessing somewhere near bond street.....just a guess. But given the success of the store in America, time will tell if a UK audience is ready for some short shorts! And Victoria Secret do short like no one's business!
Check out the new advertising campaign for Louis Veeeeton kid! sorry, but how hot is Karen Elson. Jack White from the White stripes wife.....The collection is already doing the rounds with Harry Potter idiot - i mean star - Emma Watson spotted at some festival somewhere in the UK in a corset from the very collection. Because that is just what you need...Stuck in a field somewhere, bloated from drink and festival food. A corset cutting off your circulation. So she did what no one else would have done. teamed it with some manky cut off shorts and partied like it was 1999 (again)
It's a hard job to follow in the footsteps of a legend. A harder job knowing that everyone is watching to see what your take on the label is but it's next to impossible to produce clothing that caters to your tastes, fits the profile of the company and appeals to the companys existing clientele. I think she may have done a good job!
“The creation of modern beautifully crafted clothes was at the heart of Lee’s vision. I intend to stay true to his legacy.” - Sara Burton. Sara has worked with McQueen since graduating from Central Saint Martins. So in fairness, the girl knows what she's doing!
There is a lot more of a business edge to the collection as well. (i don't like that bag) but it will be interesting to see the catwalk show. Will she present in a normal McQueen fashion? as in, robots spraying models while they twirl, holograms of Kate Moss or even birds attacking models clothing???
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
so it was with great joy that I found these. for 30 euro today. I'm thinking skinny jeans and a plain top. hurrah!
they have bears on them! i know they have a size 7 left in dundrum because when i asked for an 8, they brought me a 7 before getting the right ones.....if that helps anyone!
I also have to say thank you to the girls at Peter Marks today who did my hair for me! not only brushed it, but washed it. but cut it, but styled it! all for free!!!! what a day! best day ever
Monday, June 28, 2010
these have Lady Gaga's next video written ALL over them. riiiiight?
these are the new loves of my life. I must have. for wearing with my sequinned hot pants, tights and a plain black t-shirt. ooooohhhhhhh yes.....
so what say you about shoes with tails? have a look at his back catalogue here : http://masayakushino.jp/index.html
This cost Manson and the band millions. I mean millions. there was lawsuit, after lawsuit in relation to this image. But to me, Manson is the soundtrack of being a teenager. There is nothing better then a good anthem from the Manson. Think 'Disposable teens' or 'beautiful people' even 'the golden age of grotesque' album I thought was amazing. The best thing for me was seeing him live in 2003 at the cusp of his golden age....tour. He blew my mind (and the speakers) but this image makes me think of frilly shirts from that era. The album GAOG was all about the decadent pre 2nd world war German era. So Manson wore a top hat, bowler hat, frilly shirt, suspenders, crisp pants and canes. and er, a grill.
I love this song. 'Closer' by Nine inch Nails. It makes me so incredibly, well, I wont say.... but listen to the song yourself.....it's sexy and intense....it makes me feel a bit like a good leather jacket will. The below jacket is from Balmain. A/W10. structural and directional. But there is something so naughty about a good leather jacket. It adds a certain, something to an outfit. I do LOVE a good slathering of leather in an outfit....I think I need to lie down now.....